An artist's journal.
Here you'll find my paintings and musings, where the featured subjects could likely cover just about anything.
The last 4+ years I've been caring for my best buddy B during his courageous fight to live through cancer and it's complications. I'm tickled to report, he's getting better and I'm finding small bits of painting time again.

Looking forward to a daily celebration of life's gifts by using the brightest, happiest colors in the box!


Visitors looking for 'B's Journey', click here.

Monday, January 24, 2011


'Red Sentinels' January  2011
20 x 24 x 3/4

From my Tall Trees Series.  Highly textured tall trees with many layers of glazed colors, this style has  been a favorite for my collectors for years. I've done these trees in many  different colors, including greens, golds, rusts and reds. I think this latest warm red version has a rich, Old World look and feel.


SOLD
Dawson Collection, Tucson, AZ



Here's  the canvas during the texture phase. Trees are loaded with texture and there is a subtle fern-like texture throughout the canvas.  Glazes of color are added a layer at a time. This one has rusty, warm red tones. The gloss finish really highlights the texture, especially the fern relief. Camera isn't doing this one justice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"There are days when I feel I could've painted the Sistine Chapel and, then, there are the days when I'm not sure I could trace a stick figure.... the only difference between these days is my state of mind"~ Jenna Millward Corkill